THEME: “Water-Energy-Food-Ecosystems Nexus for Socio-economic Benefits in the Zambezi River Basin”
The overall objective of the 3rd Forum is to interrogate the WEFE Nexus approach with a view to accelerate the realisation of economic benefits in the Zambezi River Basin.
Specific objectives are:
- To raise awareness and enhance knowledge on how the WEFE nexus approach can address development challenges in the basin and support the implementation of the Strategic Plan for the Zambezi River Basin
- To share experiences and opportunities of the WEFE nexus approach in shared river basins
- To identify gaps, challenges and opportunities in the implementation of the WEFE Nexus approach
- To develop strategies and actions that will facilitate the practical application of the NEXUS approach by Zambezi River Basin (ZRB) stakeholders
- To initiate a process of identifying nexus investments in order to contribute to the ZAMCOM vision
3rd Forum Outcomes
The main outcomes of the 3rd Forum are:
- An increased and clear understanding and appreciation of the water-energy-food-ecosystems nexus concept
- Enhanced knowledge of the added value of the nexus approach, , in sustainable development (social, economic & environment) and in addressing the challenges in the Basin
- Understanding of the role and the inter-dependencies of WEFE sectors in multi-stakeholder processes including Planning, the private sector and civil society organisations, amongst other stakeholders (women and youth) in the implementation of the nexus approach
- Identified strategic interventions, opportunities and socio-economic benefits in the implementation of the WEFE nexus approach
- Identification of nexus investments and list of potential bankable projects to operationalise the nexus approach
For detailed Announcement click here. To register complete the form on this link(click here) and email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.