The Situation Analysis and Strategic Directions Report is the diagnostics phase of the development of the Strategic Plan of the Zambezi Watercourse Commission (ZSP). The report includes:
- A description of the context and main basin characteristics of the Zambezi River Basin;
- An overview of the current status of water management and development in the Basin including the implementation of the IWRM Strategy and Implementation Plan for the Zambezi River Basin ZAMSTRAT;
- A review of the current level of water usage and developments in the Basin;
- A synthesis of the development plans and strategies in the Riparian States of the Zambezi Watercourse; and
- The identification of emerging issues and strategic directions.