This component aims at supporting the development of systems and procedures for ZAMCOM to deliver on its mandate particularly in the area of basin-wide cooperation; as well as promoting and assisting in the harmonisation of national water policies and legislation in order to enhance more effective engagement and cooperation; assessment of the legal instruments in place with a view of encouraging some measure of equivalence across the riparian countries; issues of prior notification and consultation on planned measures; and information and data exchange procedures/protocols all fall under this component. Other aspects dealt with under this component include information and communication; partnerships for cooperation; capacity development; and gender mainstreaming.
The achievements and activities under this programme includes
- A. Instruments for Basin-wide Cooperation
- Enhanced Legal Equivalence
- Rules and Procedures for Sharing of Data and Information (Adopted in February 2016).Read more…..
- Procedures for Notification of Planned Measures (Adopted in February 2017). Read more……
- B. Partnerships for Cooperation which includes the National Stakeholders Coordination Committees (NASCs), ZAMCOM Subcommittee on Hydrology (ZAMSCOH) and Basin-wide Stakeholders Coordination Committee (BASC). Click here… for more information on NASCs,ZAMSCOH and BASC as an instrument in the promotion of broad stakeholder participation in water management
- Communication and Visibility Strategy
- Capacity Development
- Gender Mainstreaming